We are proud of our team of volunteers who give their time and enthusiasm and whose efforts were recognised by the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2014. Why not join us?
There may be many reasons why you are considering volunteering, from your own personal experience to wanting to put something back into the community you live in. You may simply want to meet new people, become part of a team, learn new skills or donate spare time to a worthwhile cause.
We have opportunities for all members of our community and we want you to join us.
If you would like to organise an event to support us we can help you. If you’d like to get involved with an event we are organising simply get in touch.
Do you have ideas? Is your workplace keen to support a charity? We have opportunities for you from manning a stall at a fete, collecting, jumping out of a plane to organising a Ball! There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and make a difference.
We have fundraising volunteer roles including Team Leader and Community Volunteer positions. Please download the information sheets.
We are particularly keen to recruit more volunteers to help us with our events and fundraising activities. If you think you have got what it takes let us know. Contact email@example.com
We are also keen to recruit service volunteers to help us deliver our service. You can find out more by downloading our Volunteer Booklet.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our team of volunteers who support us to deliver our services provide companionship, support and practical help to hundreds of people who are blind or partially sighted.
All applicants who would like to volunteer to help us with our services must be aged 21 or over. Experience with visually impaired people is useful but not essential as we provide an induction session and training at our offices in Reading.
We are looking for volunteers to help on both an ad-hoc and regular basis. Please contact us for more information on the individual roles listed below:
- Aktiveyes Driver – Drivers/Supporters for a social group in Slough/Windsor
- Club Committee Members – Across Berkshire. We run 8 monthly social clubs.
- Befrienders – We’re looking for befrienders across Berkshire.
- Swimming – We are recruiting volunteers to help us with our sessions.
- Meet & Eat – Thatcham/Newbury – Meet and Eat is a very sociable group of members who meet fortnightly.
- Social Club Drivers – Across Berkshire.
- SportsFriday – West Berkshire – Reading. We need volunteer drivers to bring members from the West Berkshire area to attend sporting activities in Reading on Fridays.
We want you to get involved – we need our community to join us. Please get in touch for more information.Back to top